Professional coaching brings many wonderful benefits: fresh perspectives on personal challenges, enhanced decision-making skills, greater interpersonal effectiveness, and increased confidence. And, the list does not end there. Those who undertake coaching also can expect appreciable improvement in productivity, satisfaction with life and work, and the attainment of relevant goals.
The Benefits of Coaching in Organizations:
- Empowers individuals and encourages them to take responsibility
- Increases employee and staff engagement
- Improves individual performance
- Helps identify and develop high potential employees
- Helps identify both organizational and individual strengths and development opportunities
- Helps to motivate and empower individuals to excel
- Demonstrates organizational commitment to human resource development
The Personal Benefits of Coaching
The personal benefits of coaching are as wide-ranging as the individuals involved. Numerous clients report that coaching positively impacted their careers as well as their lives by helping them to:
- Establish and take action towards achieving goals
- Become more self-reliant
- Gain more job and life satisfaction
- Contribute more effectively to the team and the organization
- Take greater responsibility and accountability for actions and commitments
- Work more easily and productively with others (boss, direct reports, peers)
- Communicate more effectively
(source: Ken Blanchard Companies)
Professional coaching maximizes potential and, therefore, unlocks latent sources of productivity.
- Over 70% benefit from improved work performance, relationships, and more effective communication skills
Building the self-confidence of employees to face challenges is critical in meeting organizational demands.
- 80% of people who receive coaching report increased self-confidence
Return on Investment
Coaching generates learning and clarity for forward action with a commitment to measurable outcomes.The vast majority of companies (86%) say they at least made their investment back.
- 86% of companies report that they recouped their investment on coaching and moreSatisfied Clients
Virtually all companies and individuals who hire a coach are satisfied.
More information on benefits of coaching can be found in the ICF Research Portal, including case studies and industry reports.
Source: ICF Global Coaching Client Study was commissioned by the ICF but conducted independently by PricewaterhouseCoopers.
McLean Hospital , Harvard Medical School Affiliate